Reflective letter

To the class of Eng. 101

It took a while for my body to adjust to not having class anymore and to understand that my first semester will be officially done. As a freshman in Eng. 101 became such a learning experience for me; Besides meeting my friends I learned a lot about myself and rhetorical devices. Eng. 101 became the class I grew in, from my ideas to how I spoke, all the the way down to my writing skills, Eng. 101 has opened my mind to endless possibilities and choices. I want to learn more about rhetorical devices. Although we’ve had assignments all semester long and have spoken about them I feel as though I don’t know enough, I am not satisfied with the knowledge, I want to learn more. I want to develop the skills of understanding rhetorical devices and learn to spot them without needing help or having to look back at my notes.

At the start of class we received objectives and I do not think theres anything on that objective list I have not achieved. A few of the objectives I have achieved is applying research skills to my topic to created a well supported argument and this is shown through my final paper, my final paper is in regards to the argument on false reports. Another objective I have achieved that was given was employing drafting and peer review to improve my content; This objective is one I did not like at first because it forced me to come out my shell and work with people although Id prefer to work alone. One assignment that showed this objective being achieved was paper one. During our final papers we were each allowed to read a partners paper and receive feed back, at the time I was actually not finished with my final paper so the feed back I received from partner was even better because I haven’t started, so I was able to start my paper strong.